The following works were added to the Anne & Kevin Major Collection in December of 2019.
1. Hiddeness – Richard Tuttle / Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge
2. Annie, Gwen, Lily, Pam and Tulip – Eric Fischl / Jamaica Kincaid
3. Circhi e cene / Circuses and Suppers – Joe Tilson / Andrea Zanzotto
4. Opera of the Worms – Judy Rifka / Rene Richard
5. Snow Country – Tadaaki Kuwayama / Yasunari Kawabata
6. Dream Work – Bruce McLean / Mel Gooding
7. A Tremor in the Morning – Alex Katz / Vincent Katz
As well, there is a separate 5-unit group called “Penguin Designer Classics”. For Penguin Books’ 60th anniversary in 2006, five hardcover books were crafted by five internationally known artists, most with no previous experience in book design. Each volume was released in an edition of 1000 copies, with a transparent Plexiglas (Perspex) box serving as the book’s slipcase, which also supplies protection for the curious designs. Each is complete, with book, plexiglas case, and publisher’s storage box.
Lady Chatterley’s Lover (Lawrence) designed by Paul Smith
Crime and Punishment (Dostoevsky) designed by Fuel
The Idiot (Dostoevsky) designed by Ron Arad
Madame Bovary (Flaubert) designed by Manuel Blahnik
Tender is the Night (Fitzgerald) designed by Sam Taylor-Wood
Here is a link with a Guardian article dealing with the five books in more detail: